Production Blog: The Final Day of Editing

 

 Today was the final day of filming and it was probably the easiest task I have had throughout this whole production process.  I only had twelve scenes left to edit for the final task before I was ready to let someone else view it and give their input. Starting off everything was smooth all the pieces were fitting together well, and the transitions were seamless. That when tragedy stuck near the end of the filming day, I was starting to make the same mistakes repeatedly and couldn't seem to figure out how to stop it from happening. Then I accidentally deleted two of my scenes trying to clip some of the unneeded footage out. 

Between editing each seen in opening sequence to accidentally deleting a scene I was kind of stressed.  So, after a while since I couldn't figure out how to fix my problem, I went on YouTube to watch some funny videos to cool my head. Another issue I had while editing the scenes was that certain parts of the screen recording would get blurry while processing in the editing software. So, I had to figure out a way to bypass the blurriness that would occur when importing the scene. It took me little to no time to figure out a way to fix this issue simply refilm the scene since it was a simple screen recording.    

So, I hoped on my phone started a new string of messages and quickly produced a less blurry version of the scene. Now it was on to the final scene that I had to edit for the music video. This scene was relatively easy to edit but I had to compile a few things to produce it. The first thing that I needed for the final scene was to get the screen recording I had already produced and add the song title into the clip just in case viewers want to know the name of the song. The last thing that I wanted to do was add a cool effect to cap off the video that I worked so hard on.

 Now that I had everything done, I started to put my laptop away and get ready to publish the music video. Before I wrapped up everything for the final day of editing, I made sure that there were no more issues in the first scene, and everything had been fixed. After that I watched the whole music video to see if it was up to the standard that I wanted it to be, and it very much was. Actual it exceeded my expectations because I didn't think that I would be able to edit this number of clips together especially with the issues I ran into in this amount of time but in the end. For the final task I think that this is some of my best work when it comes to editing.



Comments