Production Blog: Film Review

 Today I let a few of my family members give their opinions about the opening sequence that I put together.  Overall there was some positive things said and some negative things said that I need to work on before turning it in. The main critiques that I received was that the lighting in some of the scenes was a little to dim. Which made it hard to see what was going on within the film world. Another critique that was given to me was that at certain points in the opening sequence there was to much of a pause between scenes. I wrote all those critiques down so that I knew what I had to work on before submitting it. 

The first thing I did was work on the lighting of the scenes that were to dim and weren't visually appealing. There was at least 7 or 8 scenes that were pointed out to me that had low lighting which really isn't that many seeing as the opening sequence is 30 scenes long. Once I was able to identify the scenes that were lacking light I adjusted the lighting so that the environment and characters would become more visible. This process took me around an hour and a half to complete because the lighting was a little bit darker on certain scenes and had to be recorded. Before I got to working on the other issue that was pointed out to me I went through the whole opening sequence and analyzed it diligently for any errors that may have been missed.

Now that I was done adjusting the lighting I moved on to fixing the time difference between scenes. When I got to resolving the issue I realized that the time between each was there because of the adjustment made between different title sequences which affected the transition between certain scenes. This issue was a quick fix seeing that all I had to do was simply lower the transition time on the scenes that weren't apart of the title sequence. I took a little break in between finishing the last few transitions to give myself some time away from the project so that I wouldn't stress myself out. Then I got back to work and finished up the last few transitions that I had.

After I finished resolving the two issues that I had I went back and allowed my family members to rewatch the opening sequence with the changes. The responses that I got back from them watching the opening sequence was positive. They said that since I implemented the changes the opening sequence felt more complete and told a story. Now that I received multiple opinions on the work that I have done I will work on implementing music to really bring the whole sequence together.



Comments