Production Blog: Final Production Blog

 Today I didn't really have anything to film or edit so I decided to come up with an alternative. I decided to let my family members do another review of the opening sequence. This time around the reactions were more positive than anything which really surprised me. They pointed out the adjustments that I made to prior things that they saw as an issue in the opening sequence. Which included the things like the lighting in certain scenes and the blurriness of character faces. They even said that for someone who just started filming things like music videos and opening sequence it actually looked pretty good. Noting the progress that I made from the commercial up until the opening sequence. Even though I have had a lot of fun filming these different things I think that I am going to take a break from the film industry. It may be fun but it is very time consuming and sometimes very stressful to get through especially when you can't figure out how to do something as simple as add text to a blank background. While completing this project by myself was tedious I learned a lot about my creative output and how I can incorporate that into filming. Which is what I did with this opening sequence I took a bunch of ideas that I had piled up in my head and put them into a short film.

With that being said for the final time I hoped on my laptop and opened the editing software in which I produced the opening sequence and searched for the tiniest thing to tweak. Even if it was something as simple as adjusting the time in which a clip plays on screen. Or when the soundtrack comes in to overshadow the actions that were taking place inside of the film world. The one thing that I noticed is that I forgot to incorporate the most important part into my opening sequence which was the Title of my film. So I quickly pulled up a blank screen added the title of the film and incorporated the effect that I had done for all of the other titles and stuck into the short film. 

Now that I have made all the adjustments that I needed on editing side of things I can finally say that I am done with the opening sequence. This process was not easy at all even having to step away from the project every now and then. Besides that it felt good to complete such a long project from start to finish giving to my all. With that being said I really am excited to see how far I have progressed in this course and see how much knowledge I have gained through watching the short film for the final time. 




Comments