Production Blog: Personal Film Review/Music Situation

So over the weekend I decided to watch over the opening sequence for one of the last times before it was time to submit it. To make sure that I addressed any issues that were present within the opening sequence. I did this because I wanted to be on the safe side of things and avoid submitting something that isn't a good reputation of all the hard work that I have put into the project. The first thing that I did was made sure that every single clip rendered in properly so there wouldn't be any blurry visuals present from start to finish. In which I found that all the scenes had rendered into the editing software properly and flowed into the next scene how I envisioned. The next thing that I did was make sure that all of the title sequences were in the proper order, because the order of titles is a big deal within the film world. Which I am glad I did, because I accidentally added who the film was directed by before who helped create the story and produced the film. The adjustment didn't take long to make because all I had to do was move the clip with the appropriate titles before the director clip. The last thing that I looked for in the opening sequence was that the music overlayed the clips correctly. I have done this previously but I did do some editing over the weekend to make some clips a little bit longer so I wanted to make sure.

The one thing that has been worrying me as we move closer to submission day is the fact that I have still not gotten a response back from the music producer for the soundtrack I wanted to use. While I have already embedded another soundtrack that doesn't have copyright into my opening sequence I feel like the copyrighted soundtrack would be better. The way the soundtrack flows makes everything feel more ominous which is the idea I have for the opening sequence. With that being said I will remain hopeful that the music producer gets back to me in time to add the soundtrack to the opening sequence. Other than that I think that my opening sequence is where I want it to be for submission.

While it wasn't easy getting to this point I had a lot of fun with this project. From editing everything together to create the piece that I will turn in. To filming all of the scenes and having little funny moments pop up in between filming session. I think this is one of the best experiences that I have had over the course of creating my own media. It has also helped me learn a lot about myself and the things that I find interesting that I never thought would peak my interest. With that being said Im super excited to turn in the opening sequence because I worked super hard to make sure that everything was in place for submission.



Comments