Production Blog: Soundtrack

 Today I decided to search for a soundtrack that would fit my opening sequence before I finish it up. I want something that is kind of dark and sets the tone for the rest of the film and gets the audience involved. The first place that I searched for a soundtrack for the opening sequence was YouTube. I knew I would be able to find something that would add to my opening sequence. While I was searching I found a lot of soundtracks that I would like to use.

The soundtracks that I found really captured that dark/ eerie feeling that I wanted to contribute to my opening sequence. I was stuck between three soundtracks that I felt were the best for my opening sequence in particular. The downside to this though was that I was having trouble selecting which one I wanted to choose. So I had to come up with a way to help me select which one I was going to use in the end. The method that I decided to use was allowing my family members to watch the opening sequence while listening to each soundtrack.

Which helped me narrow it down too, two soundtracks because there was tie between the two during the selection process. So to break the tie I decided to watch the opening sequence myself while the two different soundtracks were playing. Until I was finally able to choose between the two soundtracks and figure out how I was going to add it to my opening sequence. This is when things got a difficult because I had to reach out to the person who produced the soundtrack in order to avoid copyright issues. Which isn't really a big deal but the issue was if the producer would respond back in time before I had too submit the opening sequence.

Which is when I came up with a backup plan just in case I didn't get a response in time for me to use the soundtrack. So I went back to YouTube and searched for horror film soundtracks without a copyright label associated to them. The soundtracks that I found weren't as good as the ones that I had previously found but they would do the job. This time around it wasn't  hard to select exactly which soundtrack I wanted to use. When I selected the soundtrack I edited it into my soundtrack as a place holder so I would know how it sounds overlapping the scenes. Once I finished watching the opening sequence I called it a day and got ready to do a second film review now that everything was in place.




Comments